The Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT is a new version of the original Raspberry Pi PoE HAT, now with 5V 4A output for the most demanding Raspberry Pi applications! It is designed to replace the original PoE HAT in all new and existing designs and meets all requirements of the IEEE 802.3af (802.3at Type 1) specifications.
It is used to power a Raspberry Pi via an Ethernet cable, provided that power-sourcing equipment is installed on the Ethernet network. The HAT also includes a fan that will cool the Raspberry Pi processor.
The cooling fan is temperature-controlled, which starts to spin (at a slow speed initially) at 40 degrees. The fan then speeds up as the temperature increases (around every additional 5 degrees) ensuring cool and quiet operation.
- An up to date copy of Raspberry Pi OS (and the latest kernel) is required for this HAT to function correctly. We recommend a fresh install of Raspberry Pi OS.
- Take care when separating the HAT from the Pi. Pull evenly so that it detaches from all the pins at the same rate; do not pull one end of the connector off before the other!
Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT Features
- Standard: IEEE 802.3at-2003 PoE
- Input voltage: 37–57 V DC, Class 4 device
- Output power: 5V DC / 4 A
- Cooling: 25mm × 25mm brushless fan delivering 2.2 CFM for processor cooling
- Fully isolated switched-mode power supply
- Fan Control
- Weight: 39g
- Operating temperature: 0 °C to +50°C
- Production lifetime: The Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT will remain in production until at least January 2027
- Compliance: For a full list of local and regional product approvals, please visit www.raspberrypi.org/compliance
- Raspberry Pi PoE Plus HAT
- GPIO Header
- Standoffs and fixings
- A PoE-compatible Raspberry Pi
- Power-sourcing equipment for an 802.3af Power over Ethernet network (such as a PoE Injector or PoE-compatible Router/Switch)
- Ethernet cable
- No modification to the Raspberry Pi board is required for this product to function
- Please ensure that your Raspberry Pi software is up to date for all functionality to be available
PoE+ HAT Dimensions
The Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT's overall dimensions are 56.5mm x 65mm (identical to the original PoE HAT).
Pre-Orders! Here's how it works:
- You place your order as usual, all pre-order products are clearly marked as such
- We then import the stock you have requested in our next supplier order
- As soon as the stock arrives in our warehouse, we will ship your full order to you (usually within 7-10 working days, but this can be longer!)
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.